Unique Driveway Design Ideas
With the driveway being the first thing that people see when they arrive at your home, it’s only fair to say that a great driveway equals a good first impression. When it comes to settling for the best driveway design ideas, most homeowners find it quite challenging. We shall explore some of the creative designs that you can consider for your property.
For any great design, it all starts with perfect drawings and plans. With great drawing services, you will be able to get your masterpiece for both your home’s interior and exterior. Quite the way to turn your dream home ideas into a reality!
Home driveway design ideas
Be it sizeable or small driveway design ideas, choosing the right material is an important place to start. Another thing you can consider when thinking of driveway ideas is the most suitable pattern for your design. Discussed below are some of the driveway design ideas that you can consider.
1. Gravel driveway
Gravel driveway happens to be a common sight for most rural homes. When it comes to longer roads, this is a great option to consider since it’s economical. Not only are gravel driveways simple to construct, but it’s also available in a wide range of colours and sizes.
This design is labour intensive and the overall success of the outcome depends on how good the hardcore beneath is. Although gravel driveways are long lasting, they do require continuous maintenance.
2. Beautiful brick driveway ideas
Apart from having an aesthetic appeal, this is among the slip-resistant design ideas. This driveway idea is also durable and it can withstand all weather conditions.
Although it can be expensive and have labour intensive installation, brick driveway designs are easy to maintain. With their versatility and different colours to choose from, they can make a perfect fit for your modern home.
3. Choosing asphalt driveways option
Composed of deep charcoal grey and black colours, this type of driveway has less installation cost. When it comes to durability, an asphalt driveway can last up to 30 years depending on how well you maintain it. You also need to bear in mind the maintenance costs that you’ll incur over time.
4. Concrete driveway
Although it might be costly to install, the maintenance for the concrete driveway is easy and affordable. If you prefer environmentally friendly material, this driveway option can be great. It’s also important to note that the material used can always be recycled after its use.
5. Stone driveway
With this type of driveway, it’s just loose stones that are dumped on a gravel base. A stone driveway is long lasting, and the only maintenance is raking the ones that stray. For you to minimize this, you can always border the driveway with bricks or cobblestones.
The ideas for driveways discussed above are just but some of the designs that you can opt for in your modern home. Choosing a design and build companies that are qualified to undertake the job is also something every homeowner should consider.
It is only with a capable builder that you will be able to achieve your signature invitation. Not to mention other things you can do to increase your property’s external appeal. This includes paving your driveway, having suitable lighting, and not forgetting a driveway gate among other things.
When designing your home no idea is too small or irrelevant. Every idea counts since this is your only chance to actualize your dreams. Also, when thinking of the different driveway ideas, you should always consider your landscaping needs. Since you will have a car on your driveway, ensure you never lose car keys by having a proper place to store your keys.
5 Factors to consider when choosing a driveway design
For you to achieve the perfect driveway design, there are several things that you should consider. These include the following:
- Budget. The amount of money you are willing to spend on a driveway design, as well as the cost of having the design, are important in determining the suitable option for your home.
- Local climate. You need to consider the local climate and its effect on the chosen material. It is essential to put into consideration the environmental into account when selecting suitable driveway design ideas.
- How you plan to use your driveway. Depending on whether you want your children to play on the driveway or you want to use it as parking for your fleet of cars, this will influence the driveway ideas you choose.
- The length of your driveway. If your driveway is long, you’d want to use affordable material at the entrance then use the higher grade material at the separation to make your statement.
- Maintenance cost. When choosing between different driveway designs, it’s important to choose one that you know you’re capable of maintaining. This is because the maintenance cost can vary depending on the chosen design.
- Type of material. Choosing the right material when designing your driveway is essential. Some of the things you consider include the appearance and colour of some of the materials. These will be important in determining how your driveway will look like.
These are just a few of the factors you’ll have to put into consideration before settling for the best design.